Sire: Max Dame: Joan Eggs: 8 Layed: 03/15/2020 Hatched: 07/23/2020
Results: I found these eggs probably a week after laying, and I found them because something started digging them up and broke 2 of the eggs. 6 are incubating). This is my biggest clutch of Redfoots to date.
3 babies hatched from June 23 - 26. The other 3 eggs went bad.
Results: I found these eggs because something had eaten one of them (I think either an Armadillo or Raccon). But I also found these the day after I had locked all of the torts up due to it freezing the night before. So, these eggs were exposed to 29 degrees. I am fairly certain that they had been laid within 4 days of me finding them. They are in the incubator, and we will see if any make it.
Sire: Max Dame: Joan Eggs: 7 Layed: 01/01/2018 Hatched: 06/06/2018
Results: These eggs were in the ground for at least 3 days, and possibly 5 days in 20 degree temperatures. One egg was partially exposed above ground. I was very doubtful that they would make it, but 5 babies hatched. It appears that two eggs are bad, but they are still cooking. If I had to guess, one of those eggs was the one exposed. This was still a very cool data point for my future concerns about laying in January and February. I won't be as concerned as I used to be, although I stil want to find clutches as soon as possible.